San Antonio FedEx Accident Lawyer
Effective Legal Representation for Injured Clients
Did an accident with a FedEx truck cause injury to you or a loved one? The Law Offices of George P. Escobedo & Associates, PLLC has provided quality legal representation for over a decade. Our San Antonio FedEx accident attorneys are responsive, easily accessible, and provides personalized attention to every case. We understand how to pursue compensation from a large, commercial entity like FedEx to ensure you receive the funds you need to cover all your accident-related expenses and make your best possible recovery.
FedEx Truck Accidents Can Cause Severe Injury
The FedEx Corporation is an incredibly well-known, lucrative delivery company that operates worldwide. FedEx delivery trucks can be seen on Texas roads regularly—in fact, you likely see several FedEx-owned and operated trucks daily. Like any commercial entity, FedEx has a legal duty to ensure that its delivery vehicles are operated in a safe manner. If not, you may be able to hold the company accountable for injuries you sustained in a FedEx accident.
The size and weight of large trucks are no match for passenger vehicles. When an accident occurs between a commercial truck and a car, the driver and passengers in the car are at risk of severe or catastrophic injury, including brain and spinal cord injuries, broken bones, paralysis, and even death. The resulting medical costs and loss of income can be devastating for a victim and their entire family.
FedEx truck accidents are often caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Improper driver training
- Pressure to stick to delivery deadlines
- Careless driving
- Failing to stay in the proper lane
- Failing to yield
- Impairment by drugs or alcohol
- Defective truck parts
- Neglected maintenance
- Dangerous road conditions
If you were injured in a FedEx accident, you may be entitled to compensation for medical treatment, rehabilitation, lost wages, and pain and suffering. It is important to note that New Jersey has a two-year statute of limitations for injury claims. If you don’t file a claim within two years of the date of the accident, you may forfeit your right to seek compensation.
What to Do If You’ve Been in a FedEx Accident
If you have been injured in a crash involving a FedEx delivery vehicle, take the following steps as soon as possible if you are able:
- Seek medical attention: If you were in a FedEx truck accident, visit a doctor or hospital as soon as possible. Severe injuries require immediate medical attention—head to a hospital right away if you’ve sustained serious wounds. Otherwise, complete the steps below then head to a doctor for a checkup to ensure you get the treatment you need.
- Report the crash to the police: Call law enforcement to the scene of the crash to file an accident report. Make sure to cooperate with the police by being honest and providing as much detail about the crash as you can.
- Take pictures and obtain documentation: While still on the scene, gather as much evidence related to your FedEx accident as possible. This includes taking pictures of the crash scene, getting the driver’s name and insurance information, requesting a copy of the police report, and speaking to any eyewitnesses to get their contact information. Hold onto any documentation you receive post-crash as well, including car repair receipts and correspondence with your insurance company.
- Call a San Antonio FedEx accident lawyer: Finally, once your safety is secure and you’ve left the crash scene, consult with an experienced FedEx accident attorney in your area to learn more about your legal rights and options.
At The Law Offices of George P. Escobedo & Associates, PLLC, we possess the skills and experience required to hold FedEx, its drivers, and its partner companies legally liable for their negligence when they cause crashes. For the help you deserve filing and negotiating your accident claim, please contact our San Antonio law office as soon as possible for a free, confidential consultation with no obligation.
We Can Help You Pursue Just Compensation
Because FedEx is responsible for properly training their drivers and maintaining their delivery vehicles, the company can be held accountable if it is determined that negligence was involved in the crash that led to your injuries. Our legal team understands how to thoroughly investigate a crash to ensure the correct party is held accountable and that you receive the maximum amount of compensation available.
If you have been injured in a crash with a FedEx vehicle, you should consider the possibility of pursuing legal action against FedEx. Our experienced legal team is here to provide straightforward and unbiased legal advice to help you determine whether pursuing a claim is right for you. In the event you ultimately decide not to take legal action, our team is still happy to provide advice during a free consultation.
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
Free Case Evaluations
Thousands of Successful Case Results
Over a Decade of Experience
Spanish - Speaking Services