Take the First Step with The Law Offices of George P. Escobedo & Associates, PLLC. Call Our Firm at (210) 807-3178 to Schedule Your Free Consultation. Se habla español.
San Antonio Car Accident Attorneys
Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Texas
If you were injured in an accident that you believe was caused by someone else’s negligence, The San Antonio car accident attorneys at the Law Office of George P. Escobedo & Associates, PLLC can help.
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common causes of injury and death throughout the United States. Car accidents can cause a variety of injuries, ranging from minor scrapes and bruises to more serious injuries such as broken bones to spinal cord damage.
Many of these accidents are preventable and are caused solely by reckless or negligent behavior. Our lawyers are skilled at evaluating the circumstances of car accidents and recovering compensation for clients.
We will help you with every aspect of your claim from start to finish to ensure everything is done correctly and on time and that you’re set up to receive the maximum compensation available.
What to Do After a Car Accident
When a car crash occurs, it can be difficult to make sound decisions during the aftermath. Even minor traffic accidents can be incredibly jarring.
Though you may be feeling disoriented or overwhelmed, it’s important to collect information from the crash scene and the other drivers involved immediately following the crash if possible. Otherwise, crucial evidence can disappear.
However, the most important factor regarding a car crash is your health. If you or anyone else involved in the crash has been seriously injured, call an ambulance right away.
Don’t worry about the steps below until you are in a stable condition and can safely complete them.
If you are relatively unhurt, do the following after a car accident as soon as possible:
- Speak with any other drivers involved in the crash and take note of their names, insurance policy numbers, license plate numbers, and contact information. We recommend getting contact info from any witnesses of the crash as well.
- Take as many pictures of the crash scene as possible. Capture images from multiple angles and of anything you think may be relevant to your case. This may include pictures of bodily injuries, property damage (both to the vehicles and nearby structures), tire skid marks, weather conditions, traffic signs, and more.
- Contact law enforcement so they can file an accident report. Make sure to provide as much detail as possible when being interviewed.
- Write down a summary of how you remember the accident happening while your memory is still fresh.
- If you have not received medical treatment yet, do so. Car accident injuries are often internal and take a few days to manifest, so even if you feel unhurt you may have sustained a brain, back, or other injury. The only way to be sure is to visit a doctor for a checkup. Plus, going to the doctor will strengthen your insurance and personal injury claims as well.
- Contact a car accident lawyer to discuss your legal options during a free consultation.
Some things to avoid after a crash include:
- Do not accept blame for the crash or verbally accuse anyone else of causing the accident. Simply saying you are “sorry” as a courtesy can be taken as an admission of guilt, so stick to the facts and let the police and your lawyer worry about establishing fault.
- Do not speak with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. They may contact you to get a statement, but unfortunately, they may then use this information to discredit your own claim and help their client. It is best not to talk with them at all in the event they try to twist your words.
- Do not accept the first settlement offer from your insurance company. Unless you have suffered very minor injuries and/or property damages, this amount is likely not suitable to cover all your accident-related expenses down the line. It’s best to consult with an attorney before signing anything—otherwise, your case will be closed, and you’ll be stuck with mounting medical bills and an insufficient amount of funds to cover them.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Our San Antonio car accident law firm works tirelessly to investigate the accident, including reviewing accident reports, talking to witnesses, and seeking video evidence. We strive to assess every aspect of your case to ensure that justice is restored.
We know that this is a difficult time for you and your family. You can rely on our car accident lawyers in San Antonio to support you throughout the lawsuit and to hold the responsible driver liable for their reckless behavior.
Investigating & Proving Liability in a Car Accident
In many cases, car accidents can be settled out of court between a lawyer and the other driver's insurance company. However, this is not always the case. Insurance companies may try to settle for less than what you deserve, in which case litigation may be necessary.
When the court is determining whether the other driver behaved negligently, it will consider several different factors, including the cause of the accident.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Texas
Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Disobeying traffic signals/signs
- Disregarding traffic/weather conditions
- Failing to signal while turning
- Driving under the influence
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Other forms of reckless and aggressive driving
No matter what exactly caused the accident, if the other driver was responsible, they should be held accountable. You deserve justice for the pain, suffering, and expenses you incurred as a result of their mistake.
With our San Antonio car accident lawyers on your side, you can pursue the compensation you need to heal and move on.
How Can Our San Antonio Car Accident Help you?
Our car accident attorney specializes in providing legal assistance and representation to individuals involved in car accidents.
- Building personal injury claims: This helps victims of car accidents gather necessary information, evidence, and documentation to build a strong personal injury claim.
- Seeking compensation: We assist in seeking compensation for the damages caused by other drivers involved in the accident. This includes pursuing financial recovery for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related losses.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: We handle negotiations with insurance companies on behalf of their clients, aiming to secure fair settlements that adequately cover the damages and losses incurred in the accident.
- Proving negligence: We work to establish and prove negligence on the part of the responsible party. We gather evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts, and analyze accident reports to build a strong case.
- Handling paperwork and documentation: We manage the necessary paperwork, including filing the appropriate legal documents, organizing medical records, and handling communication with insurance companies, courts, and other parties involved in the case.
- Representing clients in court: If a settlement cannot be reached, our car accident attorney can represent our client in court and present the case before a judge and jury.
Trucking Accidents: Causes & Liability
How Do Pre-Existing Conditions Affect Your Workers' Compensation Claim for a Back Injury?
Preventing Repetitive Strain Injuries in the Workplace: Ergonomics and Best Practices for Employers
Maximizing Your Compensation After a Holiday Travel Accident
Navigating Insurance Claims After a Ridesharing Accident
How Does Workers' Compensation Interact with Other Benefits, Such as Social Security Disability and Unemployment Insurance?
Comparative Negligence in Ridesharing Accidents: What You Need to Know
Injured As a Passenger: Your Rights in Rideshare Accidents